Wild Earth is the largest U.S. plant-based, cruelty-free dog food company focused on giving dogs the highest quality complete protein they deserve, with zero compromises. We harness science and technology to create cruelty-free products with less environmental impact. We are a fast-growing DTC company out to change the world.
Wild Earth is seeking an Operations Manager to join our team. This role will focus on leading and managing our expanding production, supply chain and fulfillment activities, while adding value through cost-optimization and efficiency initiatives. The Operations Manager will be responsible for working cross-functionally within Wild Earth to own and drive product demand, supply and delivery, ensuring appropriate levels of stock to drive net sales and profitability. This position is fully remote, but travel to production sites and fulfillment locations is required.
- Own the demand planning process, reconciling customer demand and managing inventory supply to meet forecast targets
- Work collaboratively to understand historical sales, market trends, product mix, marketing promotions, and other factors which influence the forecast
- Develop inventory stock goals for raw materials, components, and finished goods
- Negotiate and plan raw materials purchasing to meet production goals
- Manage 3PL partner relationships to optimize inventory levels and tracking across multiple warehouses and explore new 3PL opportunities to improve shipping/logistics process
- Manage annual and periodic review of COGS in order to identify cost-savings opportunities to drive improved margins and efficiency
- Oversee transportation and logistics activities and identify opportunities for cost and efficiency improvements
- Provide thought leadership on building and adapting new process improvements and implement cost-savings initiatives to drive profitability and scale
- Manage the business relationship with contract manufacturers to ensure efficient and cost-effective production. Identify and develop new co-man partners supporting both additional capacity requirements and innovation strategy
- Partner with Product Development to ensure that all contract manufacturing partners commercialize products according to the company’s quality, food safety, regulatory compliance requirements, and contractual commitments
- Oversee inventory management systems
- 5+ years of experience in a Planning or Supply Chain role within the food or other related industry - experience with food manufacturing, CPG or start-up is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Rapidly adapts to change, and thoughtfully shares progress and ideas with the team
- Have a sense of urgency without compromising quality and detail
- Highly collaborative and cross-functional with excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately and efficiently maintain data in systems - DEAR systems experience a plus
- Have the ability to support Operations team members, naturally empathetic and deeply committed to the equitable treatment of all people everywhere.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Google Suite or similar computer software systems
- Ability to travel periodically to our co-pack locations
- Ability to balance competing interests and ensure all objectives across multiple projects are met in a timely manner
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to inspire, mentor and develop others
- Estimated travel requirement: 20%
Kind: We want to create a kinder world for everyone.
Driven: We inspire change in ourselves and others.
Wild: We are fun, authentic & embrace change.
Curious: We are continuously learning.
Bold: We want to go where no pet food company has gone before.
Wild Earth is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Full-time employees enjoy medical, dental and vision coverage; vacation, sick and holiday time; volunteer days; stock options, and career advancement opportunities. For our furry companions, we offer pet insurance reimbursement and free dog food.